Maine Maritime Museum, located in Bath, Maine, offers many opportunities to explore Maine’s maritime heritage and culture. There is so much to see and to, admission is good for two days of visiting. With over 400 years of ship building history in Bath the Maine Maritime Museum is one of the most treasured sites for maritime enthusiasts.
Visitors will find:
- Fascinating exhibits and artifacts
- Contemporary, interactive areas for children and adults
- An historic shipyard with five original 19th century buildings
- A Victorian-era shipyard owner’s home
- An active waterfront
- New England’s largest sculpture – a full-size representation of the largest wooden sailing vessel ever built, Wyoming
- A scenic campus on the banks of the Kennebec River
Visit the Maine Maritime Museum online for more information.