Saturday, October 12, 2013
The Great Scarecrow Event – 10am – 1pm
Scarecrow making on the Customs House lawn, 1 Front Street. Head and body building materials provided, bring your own clothes.
The Downtown Window-Painting Contest has a new format. Sign-up in advance by October 3rd through the Bath Recreation Department (443-8360) and pick up the materials at the Rec Department office on Sheridan Road. Painted windows will be judged between 4-5pm on Friday, October 5th and prizes awarded on Saturday, October 6th during Citizen Involvement Day. The theme is “Spooky”!
Made-in-Maine Craft Show – 10am – 4pm
Juried Artisans & Craftsmen, Lower Front Street
Fall Fashion Show – 10am – 12 noon
Fall fashions and accessories worn by live “mannequins” in downtown store windows, plus a fashion show on the Waterfront Park dock at 11am featuring Morse High School students as models.
“Shop Locally” Rewards – 10am – 4pm
Receive a voucher for a $10 Gift of Bath gift certificate when you spend $50 or more in a participating Bath business during Autumnfest. That’s right, it pays to shop locally…literally!
Zumba and Fiesta Fitness for all ages – 9am -2 pm
Fiesta Fitness with Tony! – 9am-10am, First Federal Savings parking lot, Commercial Street
ZumbAtomic (Zumba for Kids) – 11am-11:30am, Customs House lawn, 1 Front Street
Zumba Gold – 1pm-2pm, First Federal Savings parking lot, Commercial Street
…and more Downtown
- Halcyon Yarn’s Open House – 9-4 – Annual Open House celebrates the fiber arts with demonstrations, displays and discounts! 12 School Street
- Ornament’s 5th Anniversary Open House – 10-4 – in our new location at 70 Front Street
- Fire Truck Rides – 10-1 - Sponsored by the Box 19 Club, starts at City Hall
- Hula Hooping with Amanda Walden of Spin Art Hoops – noon – 1pm, on Customs House lawn
- “Maine’s First Ship” Open House – 10-2 – Building a replica of the Virginia at the Freight Shed, Commercial Street. Light refreshments. Volunteers will demonstrate Virginia construction methods for Spars, Main Mast, and Frames.
- Farmer’s Market – 8:30-12noon, Waterfront Park, Commercial Street
- Reny’s Fantastic Fall Sale! – 86 Front Street
- Springer’s Jewelers Estate Jewelry Trunk Show – 9:30am – 5pm, 76 Front Street
- Sausages, Hot Dogs and Breakfast Sandwiches to benefit the Skatepark – 10am – 1pm, Customs House lawn
Citizen Involvement Day, Waterfront Park, 10am -1pm
- Visit with more than 30 Bath area non-profit organizations in the park and get involved!
- Waterfront Park re-dedication ceremony, 12 noon
- Downtown Window Painting Awards, 11:00 am
- “Citizen of the Year”, “Youth Citizen”, “Community Project” and “Community Spirit” awards, 12 noon.
- Fall Fashion Show, 11:00 am
- Food, Activities, and live music featuring Dave Bullard and Soundwavez Band!
Step It Up! 5K and Fun Run, from Wing Farm
5K run to City Park starts at 9am; “mini-K” fun walk/run to the Customs House downtown starts at 9:30AM. Register at www.runinarace.com. Entry fees support the programs of Midcoast Maine Community Action including Head Start, WIC, and Emergency Assistance. Fee is $5per participant, 19 yrs and under; $20, 20yrs+, or $15 per adult participant for a group of three or more.
…and much more. Watch for additional event postings.