TOP 10 Reasons To Visit Bath Maine
1. Shipbuilding – Visit the Maine Maritime Museum on the grounds of the historic Percy and Small Shipyard for exhibits from the era of the tall ships.
2. Historic Architecture – Take a guided walking or driving tour of Bath’s historic mansions, homes and civic buildings. Maps available at the Bath Visitors Information Center, or download to your own mobile device. Visit Sagadahoc Preservation for more information.
4. Art Galleries – See the work of accomplished Maine artists in juried shows and seasonal exhibits at the Chocolate Church ART Gallery, the Centre Street Arts Gallery and Markings Gallery in downtown Bath, and 3rd Friday ArtWalks beginning June 20th.
5. Music – Enjoy our free outdoors Summer Music Series at the Gazebo every Tuesday and Friday at 7pm, and on the Waterfront Park dock on Saturdays at 6pm.
7. Hiking– take to the woods at the Thorne Head nature preserve for a short walk to Merrymeeting Bay, or an exploration of the 5-mile Whiskeag Trail. Or make a short drive to Phippsburg to hike Morse Mountain.
8. Farmers Market – Year Round! Buy fresh local produce including fruits, vegetables, fish, meat, poultry, bread, pastries, cheeses, yogurt, cut flowers, plantings, soaps, yarns and fleeces. Saturday mornings, 8:30am – 12:30pm at Waterfront Park on Commercial Street.
9. Shopping – Browse downtown for Clothing, Jewelry, Antiques, Books, Home Furnishings and Decor, Kitchenware, and Made in Maine gifts.
10. Dining – Bath offers casual or fine dining in charming settings. Whether snug in a historic building or overlooking the ice-floes in Kennebec River, Bath’s restaurants continue to attract top-notch chefs.
More About Bath Maine
- Downtown Tomorrow
- History of Bath Maine
- Maine’s Cool Little City
- History of the Paul Revere Bell
- 400 Year Tradition of Shipbuilding