Bath Area Community Events Calendar
- This event has passed.
Free Parenting Classes
Sunday September 15, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 amFree
Free Parenting Classes begin Sunday, September 15 from 9 to 10 a.m. at the Bath United Methodist Church, 340 Oak Grove Ave. in Bath.
Parenting is hard work, full of tough choices and new situations. And many voices compete with ours for our children’s attention. In a rapidly changing world, how can we parent in a way that will cause our children to love Christ deeply and live for him? These studies by Richard Patterson Jr. address nine parenting challenges, pointing us directly to time-tested truth from Scripture that helps us raise our children with wisdom and joy.
This study will be discussion based and are FREE and open to anyone involved in parenting children. During the parenting class, parents may bring school-aged children to our Sunday School class for PK through grade 8. Parents and children will begin together with a five-minute time for singing and prayer before going to their classes.
1. A “God’s Eye View” of Our Children, Mark 10:13-16
2. A Firm Family Foundation, Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
3. Demonstrating God’s love, 1 Corinthians 13:1-8
4. Training Our Children in God’s Ways, Deuteronomy 6:1-9
5. The Seasons of Parenting, Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
6. Godly Discipline in the Home, Hebrews 12:5-11
7. God Through Our Children’s Eyes, Psalm 145
8. Coping with the “Lost” Child, Luke 15:11-32
9. Creating a Legacy for Our Children, Joshua 4:1-9, 19-24
You can view the link to the curriculum here.
Feel free to join us for a Sunday School open house on September 8 from 9 to 10am as well. FMI www.bath-kids.com