Big enough to be a commercial and cultural hub and compact enough to be intimate and walkable, Bath is vibrant, friendly, and a Maine visitor’s paradise.
- The Bath ArtWalks begin May 17 and continue on the 3rd Friday of each month through September with music, refreshments and over 30 open studios and gallery shows.
- Get an insider’s look at some of Bath’s historic homes during the annual Architectural Gems and Hidden Gardens house tour on June 15th.
- Discover Bath’s Historic, Year-round, Waterfront Downtown, a 2012 Great American Main Street Award winner. Click here to read all about it!
- Explore Maritime Heritage at the Maine Maritime Museum. Come for a special dedication ceremony on June 1st for the addition of 6 masts to complete the museum’s full scale sculpture of the schooner Wyoming… the largest wooden commercial sailing vessel ever built anywhere in the world! It happens that she was built right here in Bath on the grounds of the Percy & Small shipyard. At the height of US commercial shipbuilding, more ships were built in Maine than in any other state and more of those ships were built in Bath than anywhere in Maine. Bath wasn’t (and isn’t) called the City of Ships for nothin’!
- Enjoy the blossoming of natural beauty on a Kennebec Estuary Land Trust trail, or Reid State Park and Popham Beach at the river’s mouth.
- Tour Bath’s Historic Architecture , with a downloadable Audio Tour or self-guided Walking Tour brochure.
- There’s plenty for kids to do too! Just check out the Bath4Kids video below…
For more information, call Main Street Bath at 207-442-7291 or email email@example.com.